Click on the links for Home fire safety tips.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - The Silent Killer
Even though first responders are trained to understand the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and to recognize potential signs and symptoms, CO poisoning can go unrecognized and untreated, leading to short-term risk and long-term health problems.
Know the facts about CO poisoning
· CO poisoning can be difficult to detect.
o CO poisoning can present with flu-like symptoms, but it is also possible to be poisoned without having any symptoms at all.1
· CO poisoning puts firefighters at significant risk at the scene of a fire.
o Even mild CO poisoning causes mental confusion, which can lead to poor decision making, putting both the exposed firefighter and others on the fire scene at risk.2
o Mild CO poisoning can also rob the heart and brain of oxygen – nearly 50% of line of duty firefighter deaths are attributed to heart disease or stroke.3 That's why new NFPA 1584 rehab standards support the use of on-scene CO testing.4
· CO poisoning significantly increases long-term health risks.
o Just one severe CO poisoning almost doubles the risk of premature death.5
o Consistent exposure to CO poisoning may cause long term heart and brain damage.6
What you can do to protect yourself
· Wear your mask during overhaul
· Test for carbon monoxide in the blood with an approved noninvasive device
DEC: State Ban on Residential Brush Burning Begins March 16 during High
All residential brush burning is prohibited in smaller communities during
the state's historically high fire-risk period from March 16 through May
14, state Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Joe
Martens reminded New Yorkers today.
See more at: http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/73084.html
Have photos of us in action?
Email them to us at:
8th Annual Softball Tournament Date: TBD
28th Annual Golf Tournament Date: TBD
Spring Breakfast Sunday April 29, 2018: 7am-12pm
2nd Annual Ranger Raffle Date: September 29, 2018
Check out "About us" for the full history of our company!!